Ogłoszenie

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to retire our beloved Forum Detroit. It has served the Polonia Detroit for over 10 years, and was a source of joy for many. However, after many months of inactivity, the time has come to bid it farewell.

Deepest and warmest thanks to all those who contributed to Forum discussions over the years, either by sharing their thoughts or reading those of others. Your presence and participation served as a building block of this online polish community.

Forum Detroit

#76 10.31.2012 23:26:41

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum
Od: USA

Re: Bazar hemtremicki

Any aftermath for the Farmers Market?

That’s all, folks
Przekażmy sobie znak pokoju.
Hasta la vista, Vaya con Dios
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#77 11.01.2012 20:27:05

karenka
Partner do rozmowy

Nothing. The season is now over for the market. We never did get any complaints at city hall, either written or verbal.

#78 11.01.2012 21:42:37

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Go figure.
One of the righteous abandoned his post (disappeared after the last interview sad) , other, righteous as well, lost his radio (or majority of it sad).
In mean time, the Major is still a Major and none of the Farmers got ill.
The JPII is watching smile

Karenka, can you share these voodoo spells?

That’s all, folks
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#79 11.02.2012 08:39:31

karenka
Partner do rozmowy

We got good mojo in Hamtown, ZB. We will happily share it with people of good will.

#80 11.02.2012 09:50:07

JCP
Niezaprzeczalna Legenda Forum

Karenka napisala" We will happily share it with people of good will."

Piekne zdanie. Tego wlasnie nam tu brakuje. Good will.

#81 08.12.2013 10:50:35

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Doszły mnie (niepotwierdzone jeszcze) wiadomości, że pomnik JPII idzie pod "młotek".
Karenka, any info?

Inny "poliszynel" donosi, że KPA odebrano społeczne pieniądze, zebrane na utrzymanie pomnika.
Anyone, any input?

That’s all, folks

#82 08.17.2013 19:13:24

karenka
Partner do rozmowy

People will say anything and spread any kind of rumors, but this is not true.

As for the money collected for the statue's renovation and deposited by the PAC, I haven't been at the last couple of meetings and I'm not up to date on what's going on with the attempt to get that money back. I've also heard different stories from different people and don't know what the real story is.

#83 08.18.2013 08:55:52

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Historia; jedni się z niej uczą, inni ją ignorują...

Nasz lokalny "didżej radiowy" zapomniał jak gdyby o historii i nagrał wywiad z major Hamtramck.
Jeśli chcecie znać moja opinię, to byłem "disappointed" sad
Jakimi motywami kierowała się Karen, udzielając wywiadu Yurkowi?
Jeśli to była próba poszerzenia bazy wyborczej, był to niewypał i to podwójny sad
1. Baza Yurkowych słuchaczy zawęziła się do 100 - 200 osób, w większości "niemobilnych" z powodu wieku i mieszkających poza Hamtramck.
2. Wielu wyborców może widzieć ten wywiad jako słabość major, szczególnie w świetle poprzednich (Yurek+sidekick) bezpodstawnych ataków na nią sad
Oczywiście, Yurek w swoim "kacykowskim stylu" obiecał swej poważnie okrojonej "bazie", że już w niedalekiej przyszłości wymusi na major zabronienie "kupczenia" pod pomnikiem i zakazanie "mętom społecznym"* straszenia pani Halinki.

Historia sad

http://forumdetroit.com/Niekoszerny%20Yurek.mp3
http://forumdetroit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=32074#p32074
http://forumdetroit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=32105#p32105
http://forumdetroit.com/Karenka%20Farme … Wybory.mp3
http://www.forumdetroit.com/viewtopic.p … 331#p32331
http://forumdetroit.com/Kongres%20vs%20warzywa.mp3
http://forumdetroit.com/Kongres%20vs%20 … %20p.2.mp3
http://forumdetroit.com/Niepolskia%20Major.mp3
http://forumdetroit.com/Yurkowy%20poparadowy%20rant.mp3
http://vimeo.com/46298795#t=190

Hmmmm, history, always biting your behind lol

* mam nadzieję, że "kawalerzy of Council of Conservative Citizens" mętami nie są lol

That’s all, folks

#84 08.18.2013 12:53:45

karenka
Partner do rozmowy

For my part, the answer as to why I agreed to be interviewed is simple. Jurek was sitting across from me at an event, asked me some questions about the parade, and then asked if he could record an interview. It's my job to make sure that people get an accurate version of what's going on in Hamtramck. And I am the only person from whom the listeners to PR are going to get it.

#85 08.19.2013 21:00:27

Matka Teresa
Totalnie Rozgadany

Zgadzam się z Karenką. Miała szansę powiedzenia - jak jest.
Inaczej dyrektor radiowy wysnuwałby wieści wyssane z palca, tak jak to robił w przeszłości.

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.

#86 08.20.2013 06:14:42

VIS wz.12
Rozgadany

karenka napisał:

As for the money collected for the statue's renovation and deposited by the PAC, I haven't been at the last couple of meetings and I'm not up to date on what's going on with the attempt to get that money back. I've also heard different stories from different people and don't know what the real story is.

Karenka, according to reliable sources, PAC under Szajnert collected approx. $7,000 in a special drive to fund maintenance of the JP II statue and park. About half of that was collected by Piast Institute and turned over to the PAC (which you can verify with a phone call to Piast and/or Msgr. Milewski).

Presumably, that sum is still with the PAC. My sources claim (though I haven't verified the claim) that Szajnert refuses to release any of the money because he and his "Christian/patriotic" buddies (incl. Rozalski) don't like how the city is managing the park (e.g., by allowing the "profanation" of the site by a farmer's market which peddles "kosher" foods...a term Rozalski actually used on the air).

A phone call or (better yet) a formal letter from the city to the PAC may help to clarify the issue. It might also force the PAC's directors to override Szajnert and use the funds as intended by the donors.

#87 08.20.2013 06:24:42

VIS wz.12
Rozgadany

As for Rozalski and his program, he is a far-right extremist whose program is well known for bigoted as well as false or distorted content. There is no evidence that he has more than about 250-300 regular listeners (as his many former advertisers obviously realized, which is why he couldn't maintain a daily program anymore). Most of them are elderly and many of them (incl. Szajnert) share his extremist views.

#88 08.21.2013 12:38:00

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

From The Hamtramck Review

Dispute over Polish Day Parade costs needs to be settled once and for all

Some things in Hamtramck just never go away.
          At Tuesday’s city council meeting, an old chestnut of an argument resurfaced. Back in the 1980s this was always an ongoing debate: Should the city require the Polish Day Parade people to pay for the cost of police and other city services needed to make the parade take place?
          The parade people have always said that they don’t have the money, and if the city pressed the issue, they will simply take their parade to another city.
          City officials have argued the city can’t afford the costs, and it’s unfair to allow the parade to piggyback on the Labor Day Festival, which has traditionally covered the cost of the parade.
          At Tuesday’s council meeting a request came up to allow Jos. Campau to be closed off for the parade. It seemed simple enough, but Councilmember Robert Zwolak insisted on modifying the permission by requiring the parade to pay for whatever it costs the city to host the event.
          As it turns out, the parade folks may have no choice in the matter because Acting City Manager Kyle Tertzag said the emergency manager already is insisting on someone paying for the cost, whether it’s the parade committee or festival organizers.
          It’s a shame the issue can’t find a happy resolution.
          We have argued before that the parade is a good thing for the city, which attracts thousands of visitors. It helps boost the image of the city.
          We have also said it’s a pity that the parade organizers can’t find ways to raise money to help offset costs to Hamtramck, which has been pretty good to the parade.
          Can’t there be a middle ground here?
          We doubt the parade would be as successful as it is in any other city. Hamtramck has that special charm no other city can duplicate.
          But its leaving Hamtramck would make a dent in the attendance of the festival as well.
          Obviously, there needs to be a discussion here, and a resolution to an age-old dispute that has worn out its welcome.

Posted by csercombe on Jul 26 13

That’s all, folks

Stopka forum