Ogłoszenie

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to retire our beloved Forum Detroit. It has served the Polonia Detroit for over 10 years, and was a source of joy for many. However, after many months of inactivity, the time has come to bid it farewell.

Deepest and warmest thanks to all those who contributed to Forum discussions over the years, either by sharing their thoughts or reading those of others. Your presence and participation served as a building block of this online polish community.

Forum Detroit

#1 12.06.2011 21:25:43

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum
Od: USA

Kongres Polonii Amerykańskiej w Ann Arbor

Sending Christmas packages to an orphanage in Poland

Hi,

A group of volunteers (about 50 people at this time, including myself) from the Metro Detroit area are organizing a shipment of small gifts, candy, toys and clothes to an orphanage in south eastern Poland. Our initial plans were to ship two or three parcels. However, the response on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/events/232300573506085/) has been so great, that we are now concerned with the availability of funds to ship all parcels there.

If you are able and willing to support our effort financially, so that all parcels can be shipped to Poland, please contact myself (7346783201) or Sylwia Rejniak (3133777237). Any donation will be greatly appreciated. Any unused funds will be donated to the Salvation Army.

Thank you!

--
Marcin Szuberla
President
Polish American Congress, Ann Arbor Chapter
http://www.annarborpolonia.org/

That’s all, folks
Przekażmy sobie znak pokoju.
Hasta la vista, Vaya con Dios
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#2 12.07.2011 08:38:14

Art Be
Administrator

Re: Kongres Polonii Amerykańskiej w Ann Arbor

<<<Proszę o umieszczaniu wszystkiego co dotyczy KPA-Ann Arbor w tym wątku.>>>

Art Be

pac_aa napisał:

Paczka Swiateczna - niedużo, a zmienia tak wiele. W Polsce nadal 2 mln osób żyje poniżej granicy ubóstwa. Pomyśl o nich robiąc świąteczne zakupy.

Chcemy wyslac swiatecze paczki dla biednych w dzieci w Polsce. Zapraszamy wszystkich chetnych do pomocy
Wystraczy, ze kupicie jedna mala rzecz, a napewno sprawicie komus radosc!

Zbieramy zabawki, pluszaki, slodycze, ubranka dla dzieci z Domu Pomocy Spolecznej!
Mozna rowniez zrobic donacje pieniezna, ktora pomoze pokryc koszty przesylki naszych paczek.

Miejsce do ktorego ma pojsc ta paczka lub paczki:

DOM POMOCY SPOŁECZNEJ
DLA DZIECI ZGROMADZENIA SIÓSTR OPATRZNOŚCI BOŻEJ
36-OO4 ŁĄKA 260 k. Rzeszowa
tel / fax (0-17) 7721-050

Zbiorke datkow pienieznych i podarkow organizujemy w nadchodzaca sobote, w CAFE 1923, 2287 Holbrook Street, Hamtramck, MI, pomiedzy 14:00 a 16:30!

Po wiecej informacji prosze odwiedzic profil naszej akcji na Facebook'u - http://www.facebook.com/events/232300573506085/

Do zobaczenia w sobote!

Art Be
Administrator
forumdetroit@gmail.com

#3 10.09.2012 12:56:15

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Annual Copernicus Lecture: A Filmmaker's Approach to Society's Most Vexing Concerns
Film Screening: In Darkness

Wednesday, October 10
Lecture at 5:00 PM
Film at 7:00 PM
Michigan Theater, 603 E. Liberty, Ann Arbor

http://www.umich.edu/~iinet/htmlEmail/c … 00912.html

That’s all, folks
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#4 12.01.2012 00:11:52

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

P R E S S   R E L E A S E:  November 16, 2012

WEST SIDE DETROIT POLISH AMERICAN HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Vice President & Executive Director/Secretary
248/987-2532 or 248/579-3174

lgomulka@detroitpolonia.org
www.detroitpolonia.org

West Side Detroit Polish American Historical Society to Host Seventh "Annual Opłatek"
Sunday, December 30, 2012 - St. Colette Catholic Church, Livonia:  2 - 5 P.M.

The West Side Detroit Polish American Historical Society, a 501(c)(3) organization, invites all to its Seventh "Annual Opłatek" on Sunday, December 30, from 2 - 5 p.m. at its new headquarters in St. Colette Catholic Church located at 17600 Newburgh Rd., south of Seven Mile Rd., in Livonia.  It has become a tradition at this event for the Society to recognize individuals or groups who have given of their time or talents throughout west side Polonia.  This year, the event's highlight will be the honoring of historic St. Cunegunda and St. Barbara parishes, in addition to the honoring of Club Filarets of Troy.  The Society's board of directors will present the parishes with a memorial, and Club Filarets' Mixed, Men's, and Women's Choirs will be presented with certificates of appreciation for their years of dedicated service.

There will be sharing of opłatki and, as part of the event's program, there will be singing of kolędy selections by the Filarets Mixed and Women's Choirs.

Admission to the event is free, although donations will be gratefully accepted.  Refreshments, including sandwiches, Polish desserts, coffee and soft drinks, will be served in the church social hall following the program.  All are welcome!  Merry Christmas to all!  Wesołych Świąt!

For Society members only, casting of ballots for the 2013 board of directors will take place at the WSDPAHS's Annual Meeting in the church social hall just prior to the refreshment portion of the event.  Also, optional Mass at St. Colette begins at 12:30 p.m. for those wishing to attend Mass before the event.

For headcount purposes, the Society asks that those planning to attend the Annual Opłatek R.S.V.P. by December 20 to 1/855-POLONIA (765-6642) or lgomulka@detroitpolonia.org.

The West Side Detroit Polish American Historical Society was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in February 2006.  It exists for the observation, study, appreciation, and preservation of the history of west side Detroit Polonia's neighborhoods and the Polish-American immigrants who settled and who continued to build the community throughout the decades.  This includes their descendants and their neighbors, surrounding institutions, businesses, and churches.  The Society also serves as a repository of historical archives, including artifacts, documents, oral histories, and other significant records relevant to its mission and purposes.

Membership Applications are currently being accepted.  Dues for 2012 are pro-rated 50 percent for new members joining before December 31, 2012.  Please visit www.detroitpolonia.org to download a Membership Application or call Ms. Laurie A. Gomulka at 1/855-POLONIA (765-6642).

For further information, please contact Ms. Laurie A. Gomulka at 1/855-POLONIA (765-6642) or lgomulka@detroitpolonia.org or visit www.detroitpolonia.org.

--
Sylwia Rejniak
President

That’s all, folks

#5 12.19.2012 23:14:11

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

http://img14.imagefra.me/i5ck/zoomboy/164k_ef7_u7nqi.png

That’s all, folks

#6 12.19.2012 23:16:11

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

http://img14.imagefra.me/i5ck/zoomboy/164k_ef7_u7nqi.pngUploaded at ImageFra.me

That’s all, folks

#7 01.21.2013 11:59:04

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

2013 Carnival Ball !!! FEBUARY 9th, 6PM - 2 AM

2013 Carnival Ball
We are happy to announce that the Carnival Ball will be taking place this year!

Time of the ball: February 9th 2013, 6 PM - 2 AM

Place: Clubhouse at the Earhart Village, 835 Greenhills Dr, Ann Arbor

Tickets: $10 (per person) for members of our chapter, $15 for non-members.
Children – free!!
(It will be possible to become a member at the ball and pay lower price.)
Our chapter will provide: ballroom and music.

Please bring food, soft drinks and alcohol to the ball, if you wish. (This is a potluck event)

From 6 PM to 8 PM children will have a chance to participate in games and dance. Starting at 8 PM, adults will enjoy great foods, spirits and music.
I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE THIS YEAR !!!!!!!!!

--
Sylwia Rejniak
President

That’s all, folks

Stopka forum