Ogłoszenie

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to retire our beloved Forum Detroit. It has served the Polonia Detroit for over 10 years, and was a source of joy for many. However, after many months of inactivity, the time has come to bid it farewell.

Deepest and warmest thanks to all those who contributed to Forum discussions over the years, either by sharing their thoughts or reading those of others. Your presence and participation served as a building block of this online polish community.

Forum Detroit

#1 10.31.2014 13:17:50

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum
Od: USA

Putin, Putina, Putinowi, Putina, Putinem, Putinie, O Putin

Putin to Western elites: Play-time is over

Most people in the English-speaking parts of the world missed Putin's speech at the Valdai conference in Sochi a few days ago, and, chances are, those of you who have heard of the speech didn't get a chance to read it, and missed its importance. (For your convenience, I am pasting in the full transcript of his speech below.) Western media did their best to ignore it or to twist its meaning. Regardless of what you think or don't think of Putin (like the sun and the moon, he does not exist for you to cultivate an opinion) this is probably the most important political speech since Churchill's “Iron Curtain” speech of March 5, 1946.

That’s all, folks
Przekażmy sobie znak pokoju.
Hasta la vista, Vaya con Dios
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#2 10.31.2014 13:44:17

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Re: Putin, Putina, Putinowi, Putina, Putinem, Putinie, O Putin

That’s all, folks
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#3 11.04.2014 22:25:07

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Russia Conducts Full "Nuclear Triad" Drill, Launches Topol-M ICBM

While east Ukraine, aka the Donetsk Republic, was voting over the weekend in what the west pre-emptively classified as another sham vote as its outcome would merely push east Ukraine even closer to the Kremlin, Russia was busy conducting its most comprehensive Nuclear preparedness drill in recent history, one involving the entire "nuclear triad" consisting of strategic bombers; submarines and an the ICBM on Saturday morning.

That’s all, folks

#4 11.08.2014 23:39:48

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

NATO: Rebellion in the Ranks?

http://dissentradio.com/radio/14_11_03_feffer.mp3

The countries of the former Warsaw Pact are not knuckling under to pressure from Russia. They're trying to avoid a new cold war.

Vladimir Putin, the wily strategist of Russian revanchism, is well on his way to reconstructing the Warsaw Pact. That, at least, is what the pundits of The Washington Post are making it out to seem. Last week, Jackson Diehl penned a column on how Putin has driven a wedge between NATO and its easternmost members. Anne Applebaum, meanwhile, pins the failure to maintain quiet on the eastern front on NATO itself and its decision not to establish bases in the region 10 years ago. The resulting crisis of confidence in what were once Soviet satellites, she laments, has undermined alliance cohesion.

That’s all, folks

#5 11.12.2014 09:31:45

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

That’s all, folks

#6 11.12.2014 10:19:29

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

That’s all, folks

#7 11.28.2014 12:00:52

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

That’s all, folks

#8 12.03.2014 23:59:39

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Putin, Blocked by Europe, Turns to Turkey for Gas Pipeline

Turkey plans to grow its economy substantially in the coming decade and is energy hungry, lacking much in the way of gas or oil itself, though it has coal.  Slightly discounted Russian natural gas seems a good deal to Ankara.  Moreover, Turkey has been rudely rebuffed in its bid to join the European Union, and this deal with Russia is a way for the Turks to remind the Europeans that if the EU had wanted Turkey to join its consensus, it could have admitted Turkey.  As things now stand, Ankara is a free agent, and glories in its independence.  Russian natural gas also has advantages for Turkey at the moment over Iranian natural gas, since the US has been pressuring countries not to deal with Iran or to allow bank transfers of money from Iran.

That’s all, folks

#9 12.05.2014 13:58:13

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Germany seeks mechanism with Russia to avoid escalation

Germany urged NATO on 2 December to set up an early warning system with Russia to prevent any military accident from spiraling out of control.

That’s all, folks

#10 12.21.2014 00:52:11

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Wrecking Russia’s economy could be a disaster for the west

...We can, of course, stick to our guns and insist that “sanctions are having an effect”. But what will we gain if the only effect is to destroy the Russian economy? Perhaps the hope is to destabilise the country so much that Putin is overthrown. (I detect much schadenfreude among observers, who desperately hope a collapse of the Russian economy will bring about Putin’s fall.) If so, it is a highly dangerous game of chance. Pouring fuel on Kremlin clan wars that we barely understand would be the height of folly. We have no idea what the outcome might be – and it could be much worse than what we have at present.

Or perhaps the hope is that the Russian people, ground down into poverty and despair, will rise up against the Kremlin and install a government of the west’s choosing. Dream on!

That’s all, folks

#11 12.31.2014 12:37:08

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Obama secretly reaching out to Putin -- using Kissinger...

In a separate attempt at outreach, the White House turned to an old friend of Putin’s for help. The White House called on former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to discuss having him call Putin directly, according to two officials. It’s unclear whether Kissinger actually made the call. The White House and Kissinger both refused to comment for this column.

That’s all, folks

#12 01.01.2015 23:17:33

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

What Comes After Putin Could Be Worse

Meanwhile, Putin is encouraging a dangerous strand of nationalism that he may not be able to control. Moscow's meddling in Ukraine has helped make heroes out of some very unsavory figures -- such as Igor Girkin (aka Igor Strelkov), a leader of the pro-Russian rebellion who fancies himself a fighter in a greater war against a morally corrupt West. Some extreme nationalists now view Girkin as a potential challenger to Putin.

That’s all, folks

#13 01.22.2015 08:45:15

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Russian spy ship in Havana on eve of US-Cuba talks

Havana (AFP) - A Russian intelligence warship docked in Havana on Tuesday, a day before the start of historic US-Cuba talks aimed at normalizing diplomatic relations.

There was nothing stealthy about the arrival of the Viktor Leonov CCB-175, which was moored to a pier in Old Havana where cruise ships often dock. But the visit was not officially announced by Cuban authorities.

US officials in Washington played down the presence of the Russian vessel, saying it was perfectly legal and not at all out of the ordinary.

"It's not unprecedented. It's not unusual. It's not alarming," a defense official told AFP.

That’s all, folks

#14 02.05.2015 19:16:59

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

That’s all, folks

#15 02.06.2015 07:40:24

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

That’s all, folks

#16 02.25.2015 08:03:05

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

That’s all, folks

Stopka forum