Ogłoszenie

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to retire our beloved Forum Detroit. It has served the Polonia Detroit for over 10 years, and was a source of joy for many. However, after many months of inactivity, the time has come to bid it farewell.

Deepest and warmest thanks to all those who contributed to Forum discussions over the years, either by sharing their thoughts or reading those of others. Your presence and participation served as a building block of this online polish community.

Forum Detroit

#1 03.17.2014 11:43:22

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum
Od: USA

Congratulation :)

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k588/Zoomboymi/Forum/ScreenShot2014-03-17at23625PM_zps34a11752.png

Gratulacje!!!

That’s all, folks
Przekażmy sobie znak pokoju.
Hasta la vista, Vaya con Dios
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#2 03.22.2014 05:40:27

Matka Teresa
Totalnie Rozgadany

Re: Congratulation :)

Składam najserdeczniejsze życzenia państwu Raczkowskim.

Jeśli chodzi o politykę, radze stać z daleka od radia i kongresu a wszystko powinno być OK.
Pan Rozalski razem panem Szajnertem zastanawiali się dzisiejszego ranka nad stopniem wojskowym pana Raczkowskiego.
Powinni byli się upewnić czy jest majorem, czy podpułkownikiem przed audycją.

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.

#3 03.22.2014 09:05:02

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Święte słowa "mateczko" a nawet prorocze... smile

Major, a może podpułkownik, a może generał wink
Jeszcze jeden przykład żenującej swym poziomem "dziennikarki" partnerów radiowych. Prawdziwy dziennikarz zawsze sprawdza fakty przed otwarciem japy.

Myślę, że Rocky jest w polityce otrzaskany wystarczająco, żeby zdawać sobie sprawę jakie konsekwencje niesie za sobą ukazywanie się na Yurkowym radyjku, a ostatnio nawet w KPA. Poparcie tam niewiele znaczące, ale straty mogą być znaczne.

"zaczerpnięte" z Tygodnika Polskiego

Letter to the Readers

Are we facing the end of the PAC?

We all realize that most of Polonia’s formal organization is slowly, albeit steadily, fading away. This could be attributed to the changing times, felt by all of us through the never-ending evolution of electronic communication. In the old days, Polonians usually gathered in the various clubs or organizations to fulfill the need for socialization. Today we have Skype, the Internet, and “smart telephones,” all of which allow us to see each other and talk in real time without co-presence.

My initial question could be rhetorical if not for a recent event that took place at the Michigan Division of the PAC. Clearly the PAC is at a such a crossroads. In light
of recent events, we must ask ourselves, will it survive, or will it sink into the abyss?

We all know of Mr. Andrzej Ładak, a member of the Polish American Congress, Michigan Division, who wrote an open letter asking the president of that organization
to answer questions regarding a few rather disturbing facts concerning his past. The president chose silence instead of answering (honestly or otherwise), and hid behind a special committee which, after over 20 hours of investigation, concluded that the past doesn’t have any bearing on present times.

So, Polonia as a whole should accept the fact that some years back the president of PAC actively supported well documented neo-Nazi and Holocaust denier as ‘no big deal’?

In my humble opinion, our past makes us who we are now. The past, which we sometimes tend to forget, always has impact on our life. Past experiences model our characters, and should therefore never be forgotten. The president’s reasoning for signing a petition on behalf of Ernst Zundel to protect Zundel’s right to free speech is laughingly hypocritical.

Why didn’t he extend the same courtesy to Polish Army Veteran Mr. Emil Kornacki or to American Army Veteran, Mr. Andrzej Ładak? Why did he stand silent, when his radio-buddy heinously attacked both gentlemen? Why did he never correct his partner that everyone has the same rights to free speech as his past hero, Ernst Zundel?

Why is he standing silently when this radio jockey is accusing everyone who dares to have a different opinion, of being a communist or at least a communist sympathizer?

In light of the above occurrence, no one should be surprised that the PAC will start losing members, and as an organization will crumble. No one should be surprised when the PAC will be ousted by other ethnic groups and politicians from both ends of the political scene in Michigan.

Of course the president has the right to believe in anything he wants and to support any organization, but he is also the president of the PAC, a highly visible public office. Article I of the Polish American Congress By-Laws clearly states that one of the main objectives of the PAC is “to fight the infiltration of communism, Nazism, and other subversive ideologies”. Mr. President’s own admission of defending a known neo-Nazi and Holocaust denier should be reason for Polonia and the PAC members to question his leadership of the PAC. It seams to be logical, that young aspiring politicians of Polish descent are avoiding any association with the PAC. Politics are a tough and often dirty game; anything that can be used against an opponent will be. It was the truth in 2003 and the truth today in 2014, any association with neo-Nazis and Holocaust deniers and supporters of such movements will carry a political death sentence. In order to survive, the PAC needs to attract many young Polish Americans, but how many of them will want to join when they learn about this matter? Such negative publicity also damages the image of Polonia among Americans and other ethnic groups by reinforcing the false but common belief that most Polish people are racists and anti-Semites. How do Mr. President and his defenders think others (including Jewish Americans or African Americans) will react if they find out that the president of a leading Polonian organization signed a petition in favor of a neo-Nazi website, defending a notorious German racist and anti- Semite who promotes Nazism, denies that millions of Jews were murdered by Hitler and wrote a booklet titled: “The Hitler We Loved and Why”?

The president of this once-honorable organization is not only harming the image of the PAC and the Polonia community at large, but also jeopardizing the very future of its existence with his questionable political leanings. In order to save the future of the PAC and Polonia’s activist (leaders) in general, we must scrutinize each member, starting from the top. We cannot tolerate his silence, while his message is screaminghate!

Ziggy Ejsmont

That’s all, folks
Przekażmy sobie znak pokoju.
Hasta la vista, Vaya con Dios
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#4 03.22.2014 15:02:32

Look761
Niezaprzeczalna Legenda Forum

Bardzo dobry list do Redakcji TP. Jężeli  się coś zrobiło w przeszłości to trzeba za to brać odpowiedzialność i tu komisja nie ma racji. Zresztą co to za komisja sami swoi i jak nawet nie zgadzają się odnośnie prezesa to i tak nie chcą podpaść prezesowi. Dlaczego zrezygnowała p.Szczęsny może nie zgadzała się z opinią pozostałych???? I musiała odejść. Warto by to sprawdzić ????

"So, Polonia as a whole should accept the fact that some years back the president of PAC actively supported well documented neo-Nazi and Holocaust denier as ‘no big deal’?"

"Czy świat bardzo się zmieni , gdy z młodych gniewnych wyrosną starzy , wkurwieni"

Jonasz Kofta

Stopka forum