Ogłoszenie

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to retire our beloved Forum Detroit. It has served the Polonia Detroit for over 10 years, and was a source of joy for many. However, after many months of inactivity, the time has come to bid it farewell.

Deepest and warmest thanks to all those who contributed to Forum discussions over the years, either by sharing their thoughts or reading those of others. Your presence and participation served as a building block of this online polish community.

Forum Detroit

• Index
  •  » Off-topic
  •  » Russia's treatment of gays comparable to Nazi Germany?

#1 08.07.2013 23:29:08

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum
Od: USA

Russia's treatment of gays comparable to Nazi Germany?

By Baltimore Sun (MD)

In a broad-ranging interview on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Tuesday night, President Barack Obama addressed Russia's recently passed anti-gay laws by saying he has "no patience for countries that try to treat gays or lesbians or transgender persons in ways that intimidate them or are harmful to them."

The comments come about six months before the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia -- a global event that has increased the amount of international attention being paid to Russia's new laws, one of which makes it illegal to spread "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations."

Foreigners and Russians alike can be arrested under the law, and some see it as having led to a spike in attacks on gay and lesbian Russians in recent weeks.

The issue has split the gay rights movement over whether to boycott the games.

On Tuesday night, Leno broached the topic by saying the laws had "shocked" him, comparing Russia's arrests of gay people to Nazi Germany's treatment of Jews and gays.

"It starts with that," Leno said. "You round up people who you don't like. Why is not more of the world outraged?"

Obama met the question head on:

"I've been very clear that when it comes to universal rights, when it comes to people's basic freedoms, that whether you are discriminating on the basis of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation, you are violating the basic morality that I think should transcend every country, and I have no patience for countries that try to treat gays or lesbians or transgender persons in ways that intimidate them or are harmful to them," Obama said.

Obama also said that "what's happening in Russia is not unique," bringing up his recent travels in Africa, where he said some countries that are doing good work for their citizens have also "persecuted gays and lesbians."

The president said it "makes for some uncomfortable press conferences," but that he feels it is important to speak out about.

"One of the things that I think is very important for me to speak out on is making sure that people are treated fairly and justly, because that's what we stand for and I believe that that's a precept that's not unique to America. That's something that should apply everywhere."

Leno then asked Obama whether he thinks Russia's laws will affect the Olympics.

Obama responded by saying he thinks Russia and President Vladimir Putin understand most countries participating in the Olympics won't tolerate discrimination against gays and lesbians.

"They're athletes. They're there to compete, and if Russia wants to uphold the Olympic spirit, then every judgment should be made on the track or in the swimming pool or on the balance beam, and people's sexual orientation shouldn't have anything to do with it."

OK, so Obama may have been confusing the Winter Olympics for the Summer Olympics -- but you get the drift.

jeden z komentarzy;

Comment by genesal

Obama met the question head on:

“I’ve been very clear that when it comes to universal rights, when it comes to people’s basic freedoms, that whether you are discriminating on the basis of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation, you are violating the basic morality that I think should transcend every country,

That’s quaint because the UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Article 16 states. (No mention of Sexual Orientation):

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

…and to found a family… So the Universal Right is to found a family….
Dictionary.com defines a family: a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: the traditional family.

So the Universal Right is for adult age Marriage between Men and Women to propagate families as espoused since the beginning of time as in the Bible.

More Devil talk and it seems everyone coming in contact with Lowbama becomes tainted. It’s going to get harder and harder to stand your ground with God against Satan’s dominions especially those in the Government and those in the Entertainment (Propaganda dept) Industry.

That’s all, folks
Przekażmy sobie znak pokoju.
Hasta la vista, Vaya con Dios
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#2 08.07.2013 23:37:11

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum
Od: USA

Re: Russia's treatment of gays comparable to Nazi Germany?

Zapomniałem zwrócić uwagę:

Russia's new laws, one of which makes it illegal to spread "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations."

W mojej opinii powyższe prawo nie zabrania "bycia" gejem lub lesbijką, zabrania jedynie propagowania homoseksualizmu.

Czy się mylę?

That’s all, folks
Przekażmy sobie znak pokoju.
Hasta la vista, Vaya con Dios
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

• Index
  •  » Off-topic
  •  » Russia's treatment of gays comparable to Nazi Germany?

Stopka forum