Ogłoszenie

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to retire our beloved Forum Detroit. It has served the Polonia Detroit for over 10 years, and was a source of joy for many. However, after many months of inactivity, the time has come to bid it farewell.

Deepest and warmest thanks to all those who contributed to Forum discussions over the years, either by sharing their thoughts or reading those of others. Your presence and participation served as a building block of this online polish community.

Forum Detroit

#26 12.15.2010 08:23:53

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum
Od: USA

Re: Young Polonian Professionals Association of Michigan

Never say - never.
Zapisz się do młodzieży jako konsultant smile
Te czasy powoli znajdują coraz więcej zwolenników w tym kraju wink

That’s all, folks
Przekażmy sobie znak pokoju.
Hasta la vista, Vaya con Dios
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#27 12.15.2010 08:30:57

JCP
Niezaprzeczalna Legenda Forum

Max, jak to sie nie wroci? Mnie sie wydaje ze tak caly czas jest.

#28 12.15.2010 09:36:31

madmax

weterani mnie nie chca to moze  masz racje  cool  Badz co badz zaliczlem  sie to tzw  grona " wiecznych studentow "

"Największą chlubą nie jest to, aby nigdy się nie potknąć, ale to, aby po każdym upadku dźwignąć się i stanąć na nogi."

#29 01.08.2011 08:29:40

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

No i co jest grane?
Ciągle są w izbie?

That’s all, folks
Я возвращусь, Ich werde zurück sein, Je reviendrai, Estarei de volta, Θα είμαι πίσω, I červnu se zpět, Leszek vissza, وحقوق عودة

#30 01.24.2011 10:58:45

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

My tu sobie żartujemy a sytuacja nabiera powagi!
Gdzie są nasi polonijni "yuppies"?
Od poniższego happeningu słuch o nich zaginał sad
Może czas na zmontowanie "rescue mission"?
Proponuje robocza nazwę;

Wyprawa do baru, śladami zaginionych..

Gdzie jest MI2L8, w tak krytycznym momencie???

Jak się zaczęło:

"Conference" Bar Crawl in Royal Oak

Young Polonian Professionals Bar Crawl - Friday, December 17th All are welcome – working folks, grad students and those on “sabbatical” Theme: “Conference” (maybe for you that means wearing khakis and a polo, maybe that means wearing work clothes, maybe that means throwing a tie over your t-shirt and jeans...the choice is yours) This conference will have three “breakout sessions”: 8pm-10pm @ The Commune Lounge (Under Bastone's) 10pm-12am @ TBD 12am-close @ TBD *Final list will be emailed out to participants by Friday Dec 17th Those who register will have “conference badges” ready for them upon arrival and will receive drink specials for our group.

* Required

Your Full Name *

Your Company/Occupation * e.g. Google, Law Student, JP Morgan, etc. (JP Morgan, huh?)

Your Company/Occupation * e.g. Google, Law Student, Chase Bank, etc.(Chase Manhattan tez się liczy?)

Your Email Address *

Your Phone Number (optional)

Are you a current member of YPPAM? *

* Yes!
    * No, but I'd like to join!
    * No, I just want to get my

That’s all, folks

#31 02.10.2011 08:23:26

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

..yuppie...yay...yay.....

znalazłem smile

Resume Building Workshop

American Polish Century Club • Library Room

33204 Maple Lane Dr. • Sterling Heights, MI 48312

PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT

College Students                                                                                                         

* Create your first resume - In order to land that perfect internship or first post-college job, your resume needs to be in tip-top shape. We'll help you build up your resume for the job you want. In addition, we'll make sure that your resume is competitive with other students.
    * Modify your current resume - We can also help you to spruce up your current resume from the internship you had last summer. In order to stick out from the crowd, come check out this workshop.

Young Professionals                                                                                                 

* Modify your current resume - While you might have a job right now, you may be looking for an upgrade. We can help you to modify your resume for the job that you are searching for. We'll be sure to help you highlight your best accomplishments for the job.
    * Keep an up-to-date resume - Even if you currently have a job that you like, it's important to constantly keep your resume up-to-date with projects you've been doing in your current job. This will make sure that when you need to have a resume prepared, you'll have all of the information you need already ready to go.

EDUCATION

YPPAM's Resume Building Workshop - 7-8:30pm February 23rd, 2011

* Hosted in the Library of APCC
    * Learn how to upgrade your resume
    * Find out what makes yours stick out from other resumes in the stack
    * Get feedback from a current recruiter on your documents
    * Please bring a draft of your resume and a laptop computer or pen and paper
    * Attendance free for members, $3 for non-members, free with purchase of new membership
    * Reach out to yppam.board@gmail.com with any questions or visit www.YPPAM.org

OTHER SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES

Cover Letters: Bring an example of your cover letter and we can answer questions about those too.

Interview Skills: If we have time, we can do a practice interview or answer any questions you have about interviewing.

That’s all, folks

#32 02.10.2011 08:58:28

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Moja recepta na...

* Find out what makes yours stick out from other(s) smile

http://img37.imagefra.me/i52a/zoomboy/lkrl_20e_u7nqi.jpg

That’s all, folks

#33 02.10.2011 23:33:50

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

We'll help you build up your resume for the job you want. In addition, we'll make sure that your resume is competitive with other students.
We can also help you to spruce up your current resume from the internship you had last summer. In order to stick out from the crowd, come check out this workshop.
We can help you to modify your resume for the job that you are searching for. We'll be sure to help you highlight your best accomplishments for the job.

Happy sprucing and highlighting... wink

George Carlin napisał:

I'm a modern man, digital and smoke-free; a man for the millennium.

A diversified, multi-cultural, post-modern deconstructionist; politically, anatomically and ecologically incorrect.

I've been uplinked and downloaded, I've been inputted and outsourced. I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading.

I'm a high-tech low-life. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bi-coastal multi-tasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.

I'm new-wave, but I'm old-school; and my inner child is outward-bound.

I'm a hot-wired, heat-seeking, warm-hearted cool customer; voice-activated and bio-degradable.

I interface with my database; my database is in cyberspace; so I'm interactive, I'm hyperactive, and from time to time I'm radioactive.

Behind the eight ball, ahead of the curve, ridin' the wave, dodgin' the bullet, pushin' the envelope.

I'm on point, on task, on message, and off drugs.

I've got no need for coke and speed; I've got no urge to binge and purge.

That’s all, folks

#34 03.09.2011 13:46:27

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Hello YPPAM!

What:  Come tour the Polish exhibits at St. Mary's!  We need to ensure our History is not forgotten.  We will be meeting with Ceil Jensen the head of the Genealogy Department.  Ceil will introduce the Polish Mission, talk about the Genealogy Department and then take us to the different museums, like the AK (Polish Home Army) room, Polish Lotnicy(Pilots), Holocaust room, etc.  We will also take part in a volunteer project after the tour. 

Where:  St. Mary's Preparatory(3535 Indian Trail, Orchard Lake, MI 48324)  in the Panorama Room of the Fr. Wotta Building (Building #11 on the campus map attached)

When:  Saturday, March 12th at 10am.  Please be prompt.  We estimate the day will last about 2-3 hours.

Who:  You, your family and friends.  The more the merrier.  Please RSVP at this link by Friday at 3pm:
           https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key … y=CM6r7bEB

See you there!

Best,

The YPPAM Board

That’s all, folks

#35 03.09.2011 13:56:04

madmax

Zyczbyc został rzecznikiem prasowym

"Największą chlubą nie jest to, aby nigdy się nie potknąć, ale to, aby po każdym upadku dźwignąć się i stanąć na nogi."

#36 03.09.2011 21:14:36

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Lubie młodzież smile

That’s all, folks

#37 04.03.2011 11:18:56

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Great news -- The Charitable Foundation of the Polish American Congress will be sponsoring the registration fees for up to four delegates to attend Quo Vadis III! For those of you that don't remember, Quo Vadis was the conference that inspired us to create the YPPAM last summer. It's a great conference both for networking and for finding out where are we going as a new, young Polish generation.

The conference will be held May 13−15, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario. The cost of $235 US will be covered (for two nights of lodging, all meals for three days, and passes to all events), for up to four delegates, by the Charitable Foundation and PAC Federal Credit Union. (Delegates will be responsible for transportation to and from the conference.)

Quo Vadis III is the third in a series of annual conferences that focus on concepts of heritage, leadership and unity. Participants have the opportunity to network with one another, meet with leaders of the Polish community, and explore how they can become leaders in the Polish community. Complete information about Quo Vadis III, including participation eligibility, is available at: www.QuoVadisConference.com.

What: “Quo Vadis IIl: “Tools for Success"
Who: students, graduates and young professionals from the Polish-American and Polish-Canadian communities
When: May 13−15, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario
Applications due: April 15th
Details: To apply for the sponsorship, please see the attached press release or send any questions to Mariola at mthiel@pacfcu.com

Po przeczytaniu powyższego mam (jak zwykle wink) kilka komentarzy.
Samą idę uważam za pozytywna aczkolwiek słowa young Polish generation, kompletnie mi nie "leżą".
W najlepszym przypadku jesteście "Polish-Americans generation" a nie "Polish generation" (czy jest wam znane słowo "allegiance"?).
Jeśli chodzi o "explore how they can become leaders in the Polish community" mogę dać wam kilka "pointers" już teraz;
w kampanii o pozycje liderów przyrzeknijcie wyborcom (polonijnemu społeczeństwu), ze będziecie służki WSZYSTKIM członkom Polonii, bez podziałów na "lepszych lub gorszych", "swoich i obcych", generalnie ze nie będziecie uprawiać mikro-polityki. Obiecajcie tez że będziecie otwarci na krytykę, ponieważ ta ostatnia jest nieodzownym składnikiem wolnego, demokratycznego społeczeństwa.

Aplikacje proponuje wysyłać pod adres: office@pacmi.org
PAC FCU jest bankiem, może zaoferować pieniądze ale nie może brać udziału w wyborze kandydatów na konferencje.
Decyzje unii ustanowienia p. Thiel jako kontaktu z młodzieżą uważam za wysoce niefortunną.
http://forumdetroit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=23182#p23182

That’s all, folks

#38 06.25.2011 09:38:08

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Quo Vadis - reminiscencje...

http://forumdetroit.com/YPPAM.mp3

Poza tym, niewiele się dzieje...

http://www.yppam.org/ (dzisiaj)

Newsletter
Check out our most recent newsletter!

ARCHIVE:

21 September, 2010
23 August, 2010
Subpages (2): 21 September, 2010 23 August

Events
Subscribe to posts
Resume Building Workshop
posted Feb 9, 2011 8:32 AM by YPPAM ‎(Young Polonian Professionals Association of Michigan)‎   [ updated Feb 9, 2011 8:54 AM ]

That’s all, folks

#39 08.08.2011 18:54:49

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

http://img38.imagefra.me/i588/zoomboy/iqsy_80d_u7nqi.png

That’s all, folks

#40 08.08.2011 22:36:31

nowy

W związku z miejscem spotkania proponuję dodać stan kapłański. Biorąc pod uwagę patrona kariera murowana.
A ze względu na sponsora pomyslcie droga młodzieży o "byciu dyrektorem" w naszej instytucji finansowej smile

"Kto za młodu nie był buntownikiem, ten na starość będzie świnią"
                                                                            J.Piłsudski

#41 08.08.2011 22:52:21

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

lol

That’s all, folks

#42 08.09.2011 05:30:52

enygma00
Partner do rozmowy

nowy napisał:

A ze względu na sponsora pomyslcie droga młodzieży o "byciu dyrektorem" w naszej instytucji finansowej smile

A dlaczego nie redaktorem programu radiowego? Jest pole do popisu i mozliwosc dlugiej i swietnie oplacalnej kariery.

#43 08.09.2011 09:28:56

Agend09
Rozgadany

Na ogół, a nawet częściej, na czele z PNA i PAC wszystkie spotkania prowadzone sa w jez. angielskim, a tu nagle informacja dla przyszlych studentow uczelni amerykanskich (ma sie rozumiec), ze przedstawiciele roznych zawodow, z ktorymi maja sie spotkac - mowia po polsku! A moze to jakas agitacja na studia do Polski?
Wciaz te zagadki, trudno sie polapac.

#44 08.09.2011 10:47:47

JCP

Ja proponuje rzucic monete-jak orzel to do dyrekcji, jak reszka to do radia. Dla niezdecydowanych sutanna.

#45 08.09.2011 18:59:51

Matka Teresa
Totalnie Rozgadany

Czy znacie nazwiska młodych Polonusów, tych z YPPAM?

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.

#46 08.10.2011 04:44:30

karenka
Partner do rozmowy

YPPAM has a facebook page, so it's easy enough to get more information about the organization and members. Also, anyone can attend their meetings and events. I suppose it's more clever to be snarky than supportive, but I think what they're doing is fantastic.

#47 08.10.2011 10:35:32

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

M.T.
Pełny "roaster of the big wigs" znajdziesz na stronie; http://yppam.org/ po nacisnieciu "The Board".
Czy "noszenie" nazwiska "wymusza" takie a nie inne zachowanie? Myślę ze tak! Nasi polonijni "mentorzy" (wink) pokazują swoje prawdziwe oblicze na swojej stronie internetowej. Na głównej stronie pod "publicity" czytamy;

Publicity
             Telewizja Detroit                             

To get a sneak peak at what happened during our first event, please see the following videos, courtesy of Telewizja Detroit:

Polish Times / Czas Polski

Be sure to check out the story about our first event in the September 15th edition of the Polish Times. For more information about the      Polish Times or to receive a subscription, please see: MyPolishTimes.com

Faktem jest, że w Tygodniku Polskim ukazał się artykuł o naszych "yuppies", który to nasi dzielni "mentorzy" starają się nie widzieć.
http://www.polishweekly.com/2010/09/you … /#more-889

Young Polonial Professionals Association of Michigan
Opublikował(a): Editor w dziale Polonia dnia 09/22/10 | brak komentarzy
Zawiadamiamy, że powstała nowa młodzieżowa organizacja, która nazywa się Young Polonial Professionals Association of Michigan, w skrócie YPPAM.Pierwsze organizacyjne zebranie odbyło się w piątek, 9 września 2010.Przybyło 28 osób.  Zebranie poprowadziła Natalia Maska, która oświadczyła zebranym, że pomysł utworzenia młodzieżowej organizacji narodził się w czasie konferencji “Quo Vadis” w Kanadzie. Powołując nową organizację skorzystano z modelu organizacyjnego z Toronto.
Natalia przedstawiła cele nowej organizacji:
Kształcenie i rozwój zawodowy.
Nawiązanie kontaktów zawodowych i osobistych.
Doradztwo zawodowe dla członków organizacji.
Po przedstawieniu się, zebrani podzielili się na kilka grup z zadaniem rozważenia pomysłów i projektów do pracy dla organizacji.Każda z grup po 5-ciu minutach przedstawiła swoje propozycje. Między innymi podkreślono, by nawiązywać kontakty z instytucjami i organizacjami, jak i z innymi grupami etnicznymi. Podkreślono konieczność nawiązania współpracy z Orchard Lake Schools i Polską Misją. Młodzi planują zorganizować dobroczynny bal.  Miało się wrażenie, że zebrani młodzi ludzie są pełni entuzjazmu i chęci do pracy w nowej organizacji.  Więcej informacji udzieli Natalia Maska  nmaska@gmail.com i Kasia Strzałkowski kasia.ann@gmail.com Adres strony: http://yppboard.blogspot.com/

Zapraszamy nową organizacje do współpracy z Tygodnikiem, zawsze chętnie użyczymy naszych stron do podzielenia się z nami waszymi sukcesami i problemami.Dziękujemy Władysławowi Bańkowskiemu za reprezentowanie TP na pierwszym zebraniu i przekazaniu nam relacji ze spotkania.
AK

Karenka, czy sadzisz, że to przypadek? Ja uważam, że nasi młodzi "mentorzy" są sterowani. Nie świadczy to o nich nazbyt chlubnie

Na Facebook  prawie każdy "loonie" ma teraz swoją stronę. Wydaje się, że dzisiaj większość "fejsbukowców" żyje pełniejszym życiem na Facebook niż w "real life".
Jeśli chodzi o uczestniczenie w spotkaniach "polish yuppie's, to zupełnie inna sprawa. Do tej pory większość spotkań odbywała się w barach lub blisko "źródła" a wiec musisz przyznać, ze nikt poniżej 21 lat nie mógł uczestniczyć. Starsi pewnie też się nie pokazali, bo kto pije z młokosami?
http://www.forumdetroit.com/viewtopic.p … 983#p19983

Abstrahując od bycia "clever" lub nie, wydaje mi się ze jest to sztuczny twór (YPPAM), który został założony przez młodych ludzi z absolutnym zerem doświadczenia życiowego czy tez zawodowego po to tylko aby stworzyć nielicznym platformę do "zaistnienia". Przewiduje, że organizacja ta odejdzie do niebytu wcześniej niż nam się wydaje.

Jak już wcześniej pisałem, "dzień kariery" jest poronionym pomysłem.

Po pierwsze: Jest organizowany przez ludzi, którzy nie maja żadnego doświadczenia życiowego i zawodowego.
                   Fakt zaproszenia "lektorow" z polonijnych biuznesow moja opinie tylko utwierdza. W większości są ta biznesy bazujące głownie na
                   polonijnym kliencie. Prowadzenie prelekcji w języku polskim jest co najmniej kuriozalne. Czyżby zaproszeni "lektorzy"
                   mieli problemy z angielskim? Czy potencjalni uczestnicy "dnia kariery" będą użytkowali nabyta wiedzę w Polsce?
Po drugie:    Unia kredytowa (szczególnie nasza z tak słabymi osiągnięciami) nie powinna się mieszać do tego typu spraw. Chyba, ze chodzi o
                   zapewnienie sobie nowej gwardii "posłusznych członków". Ciekaw jestem, czy PAC "zainwestowało" jakiekolwiek grajcary w "dzień
                   kariery"?
                   Zadaniem unii jest tylko i wyłącznie dbanie o sprawy finansowe członków, "ustawianie" życia dzieciom pozostawmy rodzicom.

That’s all, folks

#48 08.10.2011 17:06:41

JCP

Z website wynika ze odbylo sie jedno spotkanie i wydano 1 newsletter we wrzesniu 2010. Wszyscy gratulowalismy i zyczylismy powodzenia nowej organizacji. Czy cokolwiek moze zaistniec bez mieszania sie w to PACFCU? Bez polityki (wykluczenie celowe TP) i z inicjatywy wylacznie tych mlodych ludzi pochlonietych pasja dzialania? Gdzie podziala sie owa pasja? Czy rok to malo aby zaprezentowac cokolwiek z siebie samego oprocz wyprawy do baru? Widze tez w Board znane nazwisko. Mysle ze wszyscy czekali z niecierpliwoscia na pomysly i zapal mlodych ludzi. Poki co-chyba slomiany. Nie chodzi o krytyke, chodzi o fakty.

#49 08.10.2011 20:41:00

karenka
Partner do rozmowy

Anyway, it doesn't much matter what we old folks think. These young adults don't need our permission to create organizations and events that meet the needs they see among their peers. Their experiences and perspectives don't need our validation. They'll make their own way, just like every generation does, and more power to them.  Let's hope they make a better job of it than we have.

#50 08.10.2011 22:23:47

Zoomboy
Legendarny Mistrz Forum

Clearly, they are already making a "better" job.

That’s all, folks

Stopka forum